Law Society President And Justice Dingemans Confirmed As Guest Speakers At The 2015 Event
Law Society President Jonathan Smithers and the Honourable Mr Justice Dingemans will be the keynote speakers and guests of honour at the 2015 UK Diversity Legal Awards presentation dinner. This prestigious black-tie event will take place on the 24th November at the Grange Tower Hill Hotel in London. Presenting the awards this year will be highly regarded BBC television presenter and journalist Zeinab Badawi.
The UK Diversity Legal Awards are the only industry awards which focus solely on recognising and promoting best practice in the areas of; equality, diversity and inclusion, across the legal profession.
Submissions are invited that cover one, some, or all aspects of diversity; to include age, faith, social mobility, gender, disabilities, sexual orientation and ethnicity.
The UK Diversity Legal Awards are open to organisations from across the country, and of all sizes. Submissions are welcome from firms, chambers, in-house legal teams (private and public sector) and suppliers to the legal profession.
The award judges are:
- Abu Bundu-Kamara, Director of Diversity and Inclusion for Pearson plc, EMEA & APAC
- Kim Hollis QC, Barrister, 25 Bedford Row
- Trevor James, Managing Partner, (London office) Morrison & Foerster
- Sarah Jones, Group General Counsel, the BBC
- Sailesh Mehta, Barrister, Red Lion Chambers
- Jonathan Rayner, Journalist and writer, the Law Society Gazette
- Antony Townsend, the Financial Services Complaints Commissioner (former CEO of the SRA)
The deadline for award nominations and submissions is 5pm on Thursday 8th October 2015. There is no cost to make a submission.